Note to self: don’t leave planning until 8:30 PM. To try to ease the pain of using this dress once more, I shortened the skirt a bit. I wanted to try making it look like white lace over an ivory background, and I don’t think I quite succeeded, but I’m glad I had a chance to practice. It’s new territory for me, after all.
Oops! I ran out of time for Monday. Today’s dress is not all that inspiring, but I didn’t want to break my posting streak… I made the brush myself from a pattern on an older dress I did. I hope to have something better on Wednesday!
I wanted to share what I’ve been working on instead of a new dress for this blog. Brian, my husband, and I are planning to do an iPad dress up game, and I’ve been working on the doll. I’m not all that good at humans, so drawing the doll is always the most difficult part for me, but I’m proud of how she turned out. Obviously her face isn’t done, though! She does, however, have several lovely skin tones, thanks to RLC at Paper Thin Personas who did the work to create a bunch of distinct, realistic skin tones.
Since we’re planning on doing a dress-up game, I’ve been thinking of dress-up games that I like. I mostly stick to the ones at Doll Divine. Especially in the last week or two of my pregnancy, I spent a lot of time with the Sari Maker and the Tudor Scene Maker. If you have any particular favorites, please share them with me! I like to see what works and what doesn’t, as far as the user interface goes.
This is just a recoloring of a previous dress, but I really just wanted to play with lace a little bit more instead of drawing something new. With this one I made a pattern out of my brushes and used that, so it’s a little different from the previous lacy dress. All the work on the lace ensures that this will be a short post…